Friday, March 13, 2009

Grandma Bosen's Sugar Cookies

This sugar cookies are the best--thick and light and very, very soft. I get a lot of compliments on Grandma's recipe. Just be sure to roll them out thick (1/4"-1/2") and DON'T cook them until they are brown on the edges. They'll still be pretty white when they are done.

2/3 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
2/3 c. milk
1 T. vanilla

Add 2 T. baking powder to 1 cup flour. Mix with other ingredients. Add enough flour to roll it out (about 3 cups). Bake 6-8 min. at 350.

1 comment:

Becca said...

emily! I am starting to really and truly cook. and guess what? I LIKE IT. I never thought I would say that.

however, I can't make expensive things because the point of me starting to cook every meal is to save money. and I love the recipes you gave me when we were first married. so I think I will stalk this blog from now on and find some more great recipes! Thanks!