Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Julie Ehlers' Carrot Cake

This carrot cake is di-vine. Supermoist and delicious.

Combine these dry ingredients:
2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon

In a separate bowl, beat the following until smooth:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. buttermilk (or regular milk with a little lemon juice in it)
2 t. vanilla

Add the dry ingredients to the wet at low speed until blended. Fold in the following:
2 c. grated carrots
1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped pecans

Bake in a greased and floured pan at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes for a 9"x13" pan. 35 min for a sheetcake. Makes 3 round layers as well.

2 comments:

Amy Eds said...

Delicious! I just went through all your recipes and I am really excited to try them out. I have had many of them cooked from you guys and everything I have tried was amazing, so it will be fun to learn to make some of these things!

Amy Eds said...

Oh, and this was my first homemade carrot cake, along with the favorite cream cheese frosting recipe and it really was so yummy! I am a chocolate only dessert kind of a person, so if I loved it, it is amazing!!